Sometimes people say I’m grumpy. I don’t think I am, it’s just that certain things really annoy me. In no particular order then, here are some things that get my goat:
1. People on the subway who don’t have their ticket ready, then stop in front of the barrier to look for it. HELLO? IF YOU DON’T HAVE YOUR TICKET STAND TO THE SIDE SO THE REST OF US CAN GET THROUGH. Thanks.
2. People on the subway who insist on standing by the door instead of moving in, then look annoyed when I barge into them. I reserve my sharpest elbows for these pond dwellers.
3. Taxi drivers who are off duty yet slow down to ask you through the window where you want to go in case it’s on their way home, when of course it never is. I’ve started saying ‘your house’.
4. When we’re at it, the bloody TVs in NYC taxis too.
5. People who spit in the street. Scum.
6. People who don’t clean up after their dogs. Scum.
7. People who take 15 minutes to sort their coffee out at the milk/napkins/sugar area in Starbucks (with apologies to @iansohn).
8. Emails with ‘let me know if you have any questions’ at the end. Oh right, OK. I do have questions, and I would not have asked them if you hadn’t put that. Thanks.
9. The fact that no matter what @dunkindonuts I order from, anywhere in the city, I have to repeat my ‘milk and no sugar’ instruction no less than three times. I’m considering laminating a little card. This is the most basic of coffee orders: put milk in it, don’t put sugar in it. I shouldn’t have to repeat it over and over.
*Edit: Ok, to clarify: I mean MySpace auto play music. Hate it hate it hate it.